A healthy Christmas time
Is it possible to have a healthy and no-stress Christmas period enjoying your time with friends and family? Yes it is. Here are some tips helping you to stay on track and to start the new year better than ever.
Don’t give in to “fad diets” – ensure you have a clean eating plan.
Add tasty fruit & vege to your diet
- Put more veggies and fruit in your diet everyday, and do not forget to add them to your Christmas table! Cut some veggies and try them with some extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt. That will provide vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and will help you to fill up faster avoiding processed food and unhealthy appetisers.
Treat yourself with seasonal fresh fruit
- The best thing ever about celebrating Christmas this side of the world is that strawberries are in season! Have a healthy dessert melting some dark chocolate (85% minimum) and try it with seasonal fruit. This will provide you a high source of antioxidant flavonoids.
Little snacks that are big stomach fillers
- Add some nuts and seeds to you daily sacks. They are full of unsaturated fat, Omega-3, fibers and vitamin E. Make sure they are 100% natural and go for 4/5 almonds, walnuts or pistachios every day. You can also put some of them on your Christmas table to get the celebration started.
Cure that sweet-tooth craving
- Are sweet treats an obsession? Dates, raisins, goji berries and dried figs are healthy candies rich in nutrients and other beneficial products for your skin and beauty. The best thing about them is that they are in stock in your local shop all year long.
Exercise is the best kind of therapy!
Little steps towards a big goal
- If you do not currently have a workout routine, then this could actually be the perfect time to create one. You can improve your health and get in the best shape for summer! Introduce at least 5 minutes of exercise every morning and you will immediately start to feel better. Adding even a small amount of exercise while not only physically benefit you, but will help you to feel more energised and ready to tackle the day! Want to make sure to see results? Give EMS training a try. That would fit perfectly into your routine if you are too busy and you can not find the right amount of time/energy to start. Now you just need 20 minutes per week and you can see results after as little as 4 to 6 sessions.
Variation is key
- If you already spend a lot of time in the gym working for your goals, this is not the time to slow down. Want to maximise results or make some time for other things? Try to get some variation on your usual training. Go for EMS training. It will provide a completely new workout experience that will tone your body and increase your metabolism making weight control easier.
Presents… Make the act of giving a non-stressful idea!
For …Chill-Time lovers
- For those who relish in their own own company and a bit of relaxation, a gift can be a massage (voucher or personal gift to them!), an interesting book, a facial kit (for males a shaving kit), or a mani/pedi voucher.
- For those who enjoy staying active, try taking them to a trampoline park to relive your youth, or an EMS training concession card with fu/nis, even a personally planned day trip beginning with an energy-fuelled breakfast, an awesome bush walk out in West Auckland, followed by a treat at any cafe!
For…the Tight budget?
- If you’re short on cash during this crunch time, try homemade gifts. Use any of your talents to bake something delicious, hand craft some ornaments, plan a day trip as mentioned!