These days, treating our planet lightly is more important than ever. Personally, and in business. Being a conscious, boutique business, we are keen to make sure that we reduce our impact to a minimum.
But, what is an environmentally friendly or sustainable business?
“A sustainable business is one that generates profit while improving societal and environmental conditions. This includes what you do (your product or service) as well as how you do it (the way you operate).”*
For us, the way we do business is key for using good sustainable practices as that’s the area where we can have the most impact.
We’re doing our best to reduce our carbon footprint, on all levels:
- Green Energy: We’re minimising our power consumption to a minimum and have for example overnight everything switch off in full and not on stand-by. We’re currently investigating to switch to a Green Energy provider too which takes a bit longer as we’re in a commercial location.
- Reduced Water consumption: We love to treat you to warm vests; hence we’re now using a hot water boiler to heat the water, instead of running the tap. We serve you filtered water opposed to using bottled water and try to source spray-free or organic fruits for infusion.
- Recycling: Trust that is a no-brainer, right? Of course, we recycle. Or even better, we try to use refills as much as possible to have less rubbish and use biodegradable products where possible.
- Eco-Cleaning: We use only Eco-Friendly Cleaning products to leave no trace in our waterways.
- Conscious Suppliers: We will work more with other brands in 2020 to offer you great extras to be fitter & healthier. Key criteria will be how sustainable those brands are.
All of that feels like a no-brainer to us as an enviromentally conscious business.
What can you do?
Probably the most significant change for a lot of us personally is transport. Being located downtown, we’re aware of car park shortage and congestion. So, a hot tip is to travel to your nearest railway station or one near the city and do the last bit of the journey by train (or Bus) into town.
Yes, Auckland Transport has still a long way to come in regards to frequency, reliability and more – but we can’t wait till it’s perfect, right? So, try to arrive relaxed. Use the time in Public Transport to plug in a meditation or similar and arrive stress-free for your workout with us.
We’d love to hear from you, what you’re doing to live more sustainable. We’re always keen to implement more and improve our practice.